With the variety of advantages of RFID technology, it's easy to understand its widespread adoption among organizations of all industries. It's vital for all organizations to properly manage their physical assets, whether it be files, product inventory, IT equipment, evidence or any other valuable physical items. The advantages of RFID include:
- RFID tags do not require a direct line of sight in order for the data to be read. They can be read through all materials excluding metal and water.
- It's easy to install and implement
- Increases efficiency of data retrieval
- reduces labor and in turn cuts costs
- Cuts auditing time by more than half
- Track items in real time as they move from different locations
- Eliminates lost and misplaced items