RFID handheld readers have gained a lot of attention from companies utilizing or considering utilizing an RFID system to manage their physical items. With the many unique benefits they provide, companies are opting for handheld readers to accomplish tasks that their fixed readers are unable to. RFID handheld readers provide the following benefits:
- Portable and light-weight: You're able to carry around a handheld where ever your physical assets may be stored, including areas fixed readers may not reach.
- Easy-to-use: The point and shoot technology of RFID handhelds makes it easy enough for any staff member to use. Handheld's often have a user friendly and intuitive screen, often programmed to give audible cues for guidance.
- Cost-effective: The versatility of a RFID handheld allows organizations to purchase and support less devices.
- Efficiency: RFID handhelds do not require a direct line of site to read tags and the read range on certain models can reach up to 20 feet.
With FileTrail RFID, the benefits of handheld readers are extended for even more functionality. FileTrail's SmartMobile is a light-weight portable RFID reader that lets you take the benefits of RFID wherever you go. The FileTrail SmartMobile allows you to:
- Locate misplaced items: Eliminate lost or missing items using FileTrail's Geiger counter tool. Similar to a metal detector, the handheld reader will beep louder the closer you get to a missing item.
- Cut Auditing Time: Automate your entire inventory process. FileTrail RFID simplifies auditing and cuts audit completion time by more than 85%
- Increase Accountability: Audit discrepancy reports help with reconciliation and accountability. Uploading data from the handheld updates the item location and chain-of-custody.
- Reduce Costs: Reduce labor costs while ensuring you have an accurate overview of all physical items, allowing for faster access to data.